Dare to have the smile you’ve
DR. GUAY'S DENTAL SERVICES
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth. They provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures and provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
Dental implants are artificial roots and teeth (usually titanium) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by a dentist or Periodontist – a specialist of the gums and supporting bone. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and enhance or restore a patient’s smile!
Dental implants are strong and durable and will last many years. On occasion, they will have to be re-tightened or replaced due to normal wear.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
You will learn everything you need to know about post-operative care and treatment. We’ll cover everything from hygiene practices and eating habits to ensure you have the shiniest smile in Ottawa!